Italian classes meet once per week for a 2-hour lesson. At each level, the program length is 8 weeks. We offer levels 1 to 6 and beyond.
HIGHLIGHTS: Experienced and qualified teachers, structured teaching, communicative approach, and measurable results.
TEXTBOOK: Prego!, eight edition (McGraw-Hill). The textbook is not included in the price.
While we use the prescribed textbook throughout the course, the lesson plans exhibit teacher’s experience and the adaptability skills in view of the classroom's changing needs. We believe that using a textbook yields the best results for beginner and intermediate students. Therefore, it’s advisable to buy the prescribed textbook(s). They also provide explanatory information that may be useful for a questioning adult student and for homework.
SOME OF THE TOPICS COVERED AT EACH LEVEL
For further details/course descriptions, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Italian Level 1:
- Greet people and introduce yourself
- Address people formally and informally
- Know the alphabet and how to pronounce specific sounds
- Count from 1 to 100
- Express a date (days and months)
- Give and understand simple directions
- Know when to use different articles (the + a/an)
- Differentiate nouns by their gender and number
- Describe things and people with simple adjectives
- Use the present tense of "to have" and "to be"
- Use simple prepositions
- Some everyday expressions
Italian Level 2:
- Identify family members
- Know how to form the present tense
- Express possession
- Use of "this and that"
- Describe the weather
- Use direct-object pronouns
- Ask and say what time it is
- Order coffee, snacks, and drinks
- How to form articulated prepositions
- Use the passato prossimo past tense of "to have" and "to be"
- Focus on the verbs conoscere and sapere ("to know")
Italian Level 3:
- Use food-related vocabulary
- Indirect-object pronouns
- Focus on the use of the verb piacere ("to like")
- Ask questions using the interrogative forms
- Clothing vocabulary
- Use reflexive verbs
- Express reciprocal actions
- Numbers over 100 (focus on dates and prices)
- Media-related vocabulary
- How to form and use the imperfetto past tense
- How to form and use the trapassato past tense (past perfect)
- Create words with common suffixes
Pes, V. (Instructor)
Pes, V. has a Master’s degree in Human Rights and Multi-Level Governance from the University of Padua, Italy. She has training and work experience in areas like international relations, human rights, humanitarian response to conflict and disaster, human trafficking. Ms. Pes has extensive experience of content writing and editing in her native language, Italian. She has contributed several articles to Proud Travelers an Italian online platform. In this capacity, she has edited and proofread other contributors' articles too. Passionate about languages and inter-cultural dialogue, Ms. Pes is an excellent language teacher.
Level 1 - Thursdays, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Level 2 - Fridays, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
[Other levels TBD]